Creative Worker route is a temporary immigration route for people who wish to come to the UK to work or perform as entertainers, creative artists, fashion models or their support staff (entourage) with the intention to make a unique contribution to the UK’s cultural sphere in the sectors of dance, music, film, theatre, television, circuses, opera and fashion modelling. Entourages include but is not limited to:
- Production crew with technical or specialist skills and previous working relationship with creative worker
- Non- technical, non-creative personal assist who supports a director or producer of international status in film and television and has had a significant prior working relationship with that director or producer.
To be eligible to Sponsor any of the above, you must be a company operating or intending to operate in the creative sector and:
- Hold a valid Sponsor License for the Creative Worker Route
- Understand who you are able to sponsor under the Creative Worker route
- Follow relevant code of practice before sponsoring the worker, or otherwise show you have not overlooked a suitable settled worker.
- Satisfy yourself the worker you wish to sponsor is eligible for Creative Worker visa
- Ensure you have the appropriate safeguarding measures in place if you are sponsoring any workers aged under 18 including child performance license for children who should be in full time education
- Assign a valid Certificate of Sponsorship to the person you wish to sponsor and pay relevant fee
- Maintain records for each person you sponsor including details on their recruitment
- Maintain eligible key personnel to monitor license and assigning Certificate of Sponsorship
It is possible to add the Creative Worker route to your existing sponsor license. It is necessary for your license be valid for more than 90 days. In the event your license is due to expire within this time, you should apply to renew it as soon a possible.
If you require any further information or you would like to make an application to obtain a Temporary Worker – Creative Worker Sponsor License, please do not hesitate to contact one of our lawyers.
Call 0203 815 8440 to book an appointment.