- Your child must be aged between 4 and 11 at the time of your application and be attending or due to commence at an independent school in the UK
- You must also be the only parent accompanying your child
- You must meet the financial requirements to prove you are able to support yourself and your child in the UK
- Maintain your principal place of residence to be outside the UK
- You must show you intend to return to your home country when your visa expires.
The Home Office does not allow other family members to apply on this visa with you. Other children are permitted to apply on the basis that they have or are also applying for the Child Student visa.
You are permitted the stay in the UK on this visa until your child’s visa expires or they turn 12, depending on which happens first.
In the event that your child is 12 years old and their visa is still valid to continue, the Home Office require you to make adequate arrangements for your child’s living and care arrangements. This can be either they commence boarding at their current school or live with other family members in the UK.
Whilst on this visa, you cannot:
- Undertake paid work
- Establish or incorporate a business
- Make the UK your principal residence
- Apply for public funds or state pension
- Bring other family members as your dependents
- Switch to another visa category
If you require any further information or you would like to make an application for a Parent of a Child Student visa, please do not hesitate to contact one of our lawyers.
Call 0203 815 8440 to book an appointment.