The deadline for most people to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme was 30 June 2021. However, you can still apply if you or a family member were living in the UK by 31 December 2020. You must also either:
- Meet one of the criteria for a later deadline to apply.
- Have ‘reasonable grounds’ for not applying by 30 June 2021
- Application is submitted
In certain situations, you can apply after 30th June 2021 such as if you’re joining a family member who was living in the UK by 31 December 2020, your deadline will be based on when you arrive in the UK, as long as:
- You were their family member by 31 December 2020 (this does not apply to children born or adopted after this date)
- The family relationship still exists when you apply
You can also apply if you can show ‘reasonable grounds’ (such as medical reasons or being the victim of domestic abuse) for why you did not apply by 30 June 2021.
You can seek either:
- Settled status, usually where you’ve lived in the UK for a continuous 5-year period (known as ‘continuous residence’)
- Pre-settled status
There is no Fee to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme.
If you require any further information in relation to this category or you would like to make an application for settlement under this category, please do not hesitate to contact one of our lawyers.
Call 0203 815 8440 to book an appointment.