You can find a list of approved endorsing bodies at the link below.
The Start-up route is not a route to settlement, however, you may be able to progress to the Innovator visa, which is a route to settlement.
- You must be at least 18 years old on the date of application.
- You must meet the English language requirement, you can prove this through the following:
- Passing a Secure English Language Test (SELT) from an approved provider, these are linked below.
- Having a GCSE, A level, Scottish National Qualification level 4 or 5, Scottish Higher or Advanced Higher in English gained through study at a UK school that you began when you were under 18
- Having a degree-level academic qualification that was taught in English.
- Any fee and Immigration Health Charge must have been paid.
- You must have been issued with an endorsement letter by an endorsing body dated no more than 3 months before the date of application and the endorsement must not have been withdrawn.
- You must demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to support yourself and any dependents.
Switching to this visa
You cannot switch to this visa if you are in the UK on any of the following visas:
- A visitor visa
- A short term student visa
- A parent of a child Student visa
- A seasonal worker visa
- A domestic worker in a private household visa
With the Start-up visa you will be able to stay in the UK for 2 years. You cannot apply for settlement by way of a Start-up visa but can apply for an Innovator visa based on eligibility, which is a route to settlement.
The fees are dependent on your situation and where you apply from.
If you are applying from outside the UK it is £363 for yourself, as the Applicant and a further £363 for each dependent.
If you are switching to this visa from inside the UK it is a cost of £493 for yourself as the Applicant and a further £493 for each dependent.
If you are applying from an eligible country the fees will be reduced by £55, however, this only applies to your personal application fees and any dependent will still have to pay the full application fee.
Eligible countries include;
- Republic of Cyprus
- Czech Republic
- North Macedonia
- or Turkey
You will also be required to pay the Healthcare Surcharge as part of your application.
To check how much you will have to pay you can use the calculation service linked below.
Points Scoring Requirement
You must be awarded a total of 70 points.
Points are awarded for:
- Innovative, viable and scalable business
- You have not previously established a business in the UK.
- English Language requirements have been met.
- Financial requirements have been met.
Applying for a Start-up Visa?
We at Ashton Ross Law are considered as one of the leading Immigration law firms in the UK with a high success rate in securing visas for our clients. Our team of solicitors can help you secure a Start-up Visa by working closely with you to ensure that your application is successful. We can prepare your business plan and deal with all related matters such as applying to the relevant endorsement body and submitting your application to the Home Office.
You can speak directly with our solicitors to arrange a free consultation on 020 3815 8440.