For you to be granted the Global Talent visa in the fields of science, engineering, medicine and humanities it is detailed that you must be;
- an active researcher in an academic industry or
- in a government research institution.
The arts and culture section of the visas also includes;
- combined arts, dance, literature, music, theatre or visual arts
- fashion design and
The digital technology field includes the following;
- financial technology
- cyber security and
- artificial intelligence
You are expected to be a promising individual who is a leader in your field or possess the potential to be a leader in your specified field.
You will need to obtain approval from an endorsing body in order to apply for a Global Talent visa. However, it is important to note that if you are using an eligible award you would not require an endorsement, you can find this below.
- You must be at least 18 years old on the date of application
- Any fee and Immigration Health Charge must have been paid
- You must have been issued with an endorsement letter by a Home Office approved endorsing body or have been awarded a prize listed in the above link.
- The endorsement or prize must not have been withdrawn.
- Your endorsement letter must be issued within 3 months of submitting your application.
Switching to this Visa
If you are applying from within the UK, you must not have or have last been granted, permission on any of the following routes:
- Short-term student
- Parent of a Child
- Seasonal Worker
- Domestic worker in a private household
- Outside the Immigration Rules.
You can select up to a maximum of 5 years for entry clearance for this visa.
However, you must pay the correct Healthcare surcharge for the period of time requested.
Following a period of 5 years you are eligible for settlement in the UK.
There is a total cost of £608 per person when you are applying for the Global Talent visa.
If you are applying based on endorsement then you must pay in two parts:
- £456 when you apply for the endorsement
- £152 when you apply for the visa itself
If you are applying on the basis of an eligible award then you must pay the full £608 when you apply for the visa.
If you would like your application to include any dependents such as a partner or child, they will also each need to pay £608.
You will need to pay an additional fee known as the Immigration Healthcare Charge and this is usually £624 per person per year.
You can calculate how much you will need to pay from the link below.
Points Scoring Requirement
You must be awarded a total of 70 points.
Applying for a Global Talent Visa?
We at Ashton Ross Law are considered as one of the leading Immigration law firms in the UK with a high success rate in securing visas for our clients. Our team of solicitors can help you secure a Global Talent Visa by working closely with you to ensure that your application is successful. We can prepare your application and deal with all related matters such as applying to the relevant endorsement body and submitting your application to the Home Office.
You can speak directly with our solicitors to arrange a free consultation on 020 3815 8440.